Ah Spring! It’s here. It’s time to shed the heavy coats and opt for a lighter weight jacket. Here are five spring jackets you should consider for your wardrobe. These will take you from work to weekends and in between.
1. The trench coat- It’s a polished layer to complete your work look. A trench coat is a classic worth the investment. In addition to polishing up your work wear, you can throw it on over jeans and sneakers for a cool vibe. Go for a trendy look in a bright yellow trench. While it may get some trendy updates with color and patterns, a trench coat will neve go out of style.
Shop trench coats:
Two years ago I invested in a trench style that doubles as a rain coat. I love the pop of color on a rainy day.
Non trench options
2. Utility jacket- the best jacket for weekends. I was hesitant to get one but I’ve more than gotten my money’s worth. I even replaced my old one. A utility jacket is great with jeans but works with dresses too.
Shop utility jackets:
My old utility jacket- similar
Related: 7 Ways to Wear a Pink Utility Jacket
3. Denim jacket– A denim jacket looks good with everything from pencil skirts, shorts, dresses to crop pants. Check out my how to wear a denim jacket board. I drag mine around during the summer too for indoor restaurants and stores that have the AC too cold. Check out 15 Ways to Wear A Denim Jacket for Spring. A white or light wash denim jacket is also a great option for spring.
Shop denim jackets:
4. Moto jacket Moto jackets come in lots of lightweight options and colors that are perfect for spring. Go with a lighter color for spring vibes. Try a soft suede moto jacket instead of a heavy leather one. There are also lots of moto style jackets made from other materials like knit, twill and tweed that are perfect for spring.
Shop moto jackets:
5. The Shacket– The hottest new trend in jackets for spring is the shacket, or shirt jacket. Some love them, some have said “No way. I can just wear a shirt over a top.” I didn’t jump on this bandwagon when the shacket came out in the fall but they are growing on me now that they are sticking around for spring. I always find the look of a button up shirt layered over a tee or top sloppy on me, so I like the extra structure a shirt jacket offers. There are lots of spring colors and fabrics available.
Need help styling your jackets? Invest in a capsule wardrobe like Closet Staples from GYPO for lots of great ideas.
Shop jackets at Jane: