Are you a fan of skirts? I love them for spring and summer and prefer them over shorts, when they are practical to wear. Skirts like this one are so much easier to fit than shorts. If you haven’t grabbed this one yet, go ahead and do so. It’s easy to wear and the disty floral print mixes so well with other patterns and prints since it’s a small even print.
This post contains affiliate links. I make a commission from your purchases through these links. Thanks for your support.
I mixed it with a floral flutter sleeve tee from Loft (old.) The larger print of the top works well with the smaller print of the skirt. I added my denim jacket because I wore this to church and it’s usually cold in there. I played on the yellow from the shirt and added a pop of color to this mostly navy outfit. The orange from the blouse would be fun to play up too, and white accessories would work with this as well.
Have you heard of Vogue’s 73 Questions? I had not until this week and came across this post. I’ll be honest- sometimes I struggle with copy and text for a blog post. There is only so much you can say about an outfit or clothes until you are repeating yourself over and over. So I thought this would be a fun idea to add to some posts. But I’ll be honest about something else too- I struggle to answer questions like some of these at times. My first response is “I don’t know.” For example, one of the questions I came across when searching these types of questions and answers was “What is your favorite item of clothing”? I’m a fashion blogger, but I don’t have an immediate answer. Ha! Can I just say shoes, in general, because I buy them more than any other category. But one specific item- I’m still thinking about that.
My husband and I also bought a book in Target a while back called 3000 Questions About Me. It has all sorts of thought provoking questions and I’ve been thinking about a way to use it in the blog. So instead of overthinking, I’m just going to do it. But so you don’t have to read forever, I’m going to limit this to just a few questions at the time, not 73!
1. What are you most excited about these days? The truths God has been revealing to me in my daily Bible reading. I have been reading (actually listening to) the chronological plan on The Bible App and following along with The Bible Recap podcast daily. I’m amazed at how He sends me little nuggets of truth and reinforces them by repeating the message elsewhere in the following weeks.
2. What’s your favorite holiday? Halloween! I do love the meaning of Christmas but it’s so stressful. Halloween is just fun!
3. Favorite season? Fall
4. Where does one go on a perfect road trip? Somewhere scenic. Our best road trip was a spontaneous 1700 mile trip to Texas to get our dog. Lots of scenery along the way.
5. What is the best activity when home on a rainy day? Watching movies, although I rarely do it. I also enjoy working on crafts and projects when indoors.
6. What’s your favorite exercise? Running/jogging
7. Best way to decompress? Running or reading, depending on the energy level I have at the time
8. Do you feel younger or older than your actual age? (Question #2427 3000 Questions About Me) Younger.
9. Do you have a list of things to do before you are “X” years old? (Question 2438 3000 Questions About Me) No, just a general list of lifetime wants and wishes.
10. Do you like surprises? No, not if they put me “center stage”, but a random act of kindness done inconspicuously is always nice.
I’d love for you to pick a couple of questions and answer them in the comments too!