Valentine’s Day is coming up. Have you started thinking about what to wear? It will probably be cold out for most so consider this Valentine’s date night outfit with a cozy fur vest and tall boots for warmth.
This post contains affiliate links. I make a small commission from your purchases through my links. Thanks for your support!
necklace- JCrew Factory option
Red is the color of passion, so put on some red. A cute red skirt says you are date night ready. Pair it with a black sweater, tall boots and a fur vest for warmth. Add a pop of leopard in your clutch. Add some bling in your accessories. It’s a special occasion! Creating a Valentine’s date night outfit that’s warm and modest is actually pretty easy when you pair the right colors, patterns and textures.
Happy Friday! I know some of you mentioned really liking the Five for Friday posts in my survey last year and I haven’t included this for the past couple of weeks so here goes five random things for this Friday (check out more about what’s been going on with me in this post.
1. I have been going through my things and loosely decluttering with the Kon Mari method. My guess is that it will take me 4-6 months to completely go through the house. I do a little decluttering on the weekends. I’m still working on clothes/my closet. So far I’ve let go of 1 blazer, 5 skirts, 4 sweaters, 1 pair of pants, 3 cardigans/jackets and 55 tops! Right now I have 27 tops in my pile to list on Poshmark and 28 going to Goodwill. This includes tees, work tops, you name it. I have a tendency to keep tops, especially for work because I find them practical, but this time if I didn’t love them and they didn’t spark joy, I let them go. I’ve also got 5 scarves in the pile too. I have a lot of scarves, but could only part with 5. Some are spring, some are fall/winter.
2. My goal this year is to read more and I read 5 books in January! I did the Kindle Unlimited deal of 3 months for 99 cents and I have been limiting most of my reading to what’s available there to save some money. I really want an Audible subscription because I actually prefer to listen to nonfiction and read fiction, but so far it’s been the other way around. Most of my nonfiction list is not included in Kindle unlimited. I’ve read two books fully, and did a combo of reading and listening to the other three. Since I’m just getting back into reading, I don’t feel very qualified to give reviews but you can see what I read here. I’m trying to read one fiction and one nonfiction per month.
3. The Cents of Style Friday Fashion deal this weekend is 50% off cardigans. You know you love cardigans and they go with everything year round, so go grab one. Shipping is free.
4. I made it through January without spending. I did buy a cardigan and two scarves with gift cards, but otherwise no new clothes, shoes or beauty products. We pretty much haven’t bought anything but groceries, gas and household necessities thanks to the government shutdown and not getting the hubby’s paychecks until yesterday. Looks like we are headed that way again in a couple of weeks so February might be a lean month too.
5. My parents celebrated 55 years of marriage last weekend! I’m so proud of them and thankful for their example.
Have a great weekend! Linking here.