I’m sharing my first experience with Amazon’s Prime Wardrobe with you. I’m a huge Amazon prime fan and I order everything from muffin cups to clothing from Amazon. I’m so spoiled with prime! So of course I had to try out Amazon Prime Wardrobe– you get to try before you buy. You pick out 3-8 items that are part of the collection and they ship them to you. You have seven days to try them on and you aren’t billed unless you keep an item and buy it.
This post contains affiliate links. I make a small commission from your purchases through my links. Thanks for your support.
The downside- you don’t get your box in two days. It takes 6-7 days to ship, so keep that in mind if you are trying to have your items arrive during a certain time frame that will best fit your 7 day try on period. I tried to have the box arrive close to the weekend when I knew I’d be able to try things on, but missed the fact that it doesn’t ship in two days with this first box. It still worked out for me because it arrived while I had some time off work. Returns are via UPS. It’s convenient for me because there is a drop off near my work.
It took me a while of perusing the prime wardrobe eligible items. Some of the items are just too pricey for me, and some of the colors and sizes I wanted were not eligible. So I checked every day along and along until I had picked out 7 items.
Here are my items:
1. Daily Ritual Long Sleeve scoop neck white tee– (small) I tried this out in my quest for the perfect white tee for layering. I you can see it’s really snug and the sleeves were way too long. RETURNED. It is decent quality so if you are of slimmer build, you may want to give it a try.
2. Lark and Ro boatneck tee (small) (not pictured) – also a no for me.
3. Lark and Ro double v-neck oversized sweater (small)- This is a thinner sweater, long enough for leggings, but to me it had a more casual vibe. I need something that I can wear both work and off duty, so returned it as well, but I would recommend it if it fits your lifestyle.
4. Daily Ritual Supersoft Terry Sweatshirt Dress (small)– Super soft indeed! Love these sleeves, even though they were a little long on me. This could be easily dressed up or down and sweatshirt didn’t even come to mind when I saw it. It’s soft and cozy, perfect for winter layering with tights and boots. I want it in olive so I let the striped version go back.
5. Daily Ritual V neck Tshirt dress (small) cute dress too, but I would have to size up or wear some serious shape wear. It’s rayon/spandex and feels soft and silky.
6. Daily Ritual Ponte knit legging in herringbone- (medium short) Really thick like ponte knit pants, but not pants. I still need a long shirt or tunic with these, but they actually fit and the herringbone pattern makes them a little dressier than regular leggings, so I kept them!
7. JCrew Mercantile pants– Sz 6- these didn’t fit and most JCrew pants don’t fit me, but it was free to try. When I say these didn’t fit, I mean they were too small to even take a pic, lol. I wear a six in most pants, but have to go to maybe a 10 in these.
That’s my summary of my first Prime Wardrobe box! I’ll be doing this again. I have already used it again to try Levi’s boot cut jeans and a JCrew turtleneck tee. I threw in two sizes of the tee to make three items and with free shipping, free returns it was way easier than trying to order directly from JCrew and make the return.
Have you tried Amazon Prime wardrobe yet? Are there certain items you’d like to see in my next try on? If so,or if you have questions about the items above, let me know in the comments or shoot me an email.
Sorry for the late posting today. It’s the holiday schedule.
You might also like the JCPenney Try On Session.