There are a few fashion items that just scream winter to me. While I don’t normally advocate wearing lots of trends in one outfit, I’ve got all three of the winter must haves covered in this one.
This post contains affiliate links. I make a small commission from your purchases through my links. Thanks for your support!
1. Faux fur
It’s so cozy and fun. It just says this is a winter outfit. I received this faux fur vest for Christmas last year and I’ve made sure to take advantage of this years temps so I can get some wear out of it. I took it on vacation with us. Over a sweater with a thermal tee underneath, I was plenty warm for hiking around and sight seeing. You don’t have to go full on faux fur with a vest to get a touch of faux fur in- I also have a faux fur pom pom on my beanie and faux fur trim on my boots. Even just the little touches make an outfit seem more cozy and wintry.
2. Fair Isle
Fair Isle is a fun pattern that’s a classic. It comes back each year. It’s more popular some years than others, but is comes back. It’s worth having a piece in your wardrobe. Unlike many other patterns, you only see this one for winter. I added this fair isle sweater to my closet this year, and it’s been a good one. It’s a nice weight and it’s comfortable. You can also find the pattern on gloves, scarves, and beanies.
3. A beanie
Maybe you’re not a hat person, but hear me out. There are times that you need to keep your head warm. A beanie will do just that. It won’t blow off when it’s windy either, so it makes my list of winter must haves. There are so many options and choices out there now, so you can certainly look stylish in a beanie. Over the past few years, I’ve come to favor pom pom beanies over plain ones. Maybe it’s my inner child.
earrings- JCP option
I wore this outfit on vacation the day we visited Rock City. It was warm and practical for walking and for squeezing through tight places, lol! What are your winter must haves?
Happy Friday! It’s also time for Five for Friday. Here are 5 random things for you.
1. What we are up to- Watching all the Christmas movies we can – so far we’ve seen Santa 2, The Christmas Chronicles, The Grinch (Jim Carrery version), and Christmas vacation. We’ve got a few more must sees to watch. The Peanuts is a favorite. What’s your favorite Christmas movie?
2. I’ve still got wrapping to do! But the end is in sight.
3. I have a few statement earrings that tend to just fall out of my ears. The backs usually fall off and then the earrings fall out. I like to wear some of these this time of year, so I’ve been searching for a solution and I think I’ve found it – these backs. I’ve been wearing them with my heavier earrings around the house and with a troublesome pair to work, and the earrings have stayed in! These would be a great gift for your best friend or a great stocking stuffer.
4. Do you have last minute shopping to do? Let them do it themselves with an Amazon egift card or gift them Amazon Prime. Yes pay their Amazon Prime subscription for a year. I’d be so happy if someone did that for me, and I’d definitely use it. Amazon, the delivery man, our post lady, and I have all become good friends lately. Or give them a Jane gift card– so many fun things to shop there. The gift card will be delivered to their email.
5. I just want to wish you all the very best Christmas! I hope you have a fabulous weekend and holiday next week. I hope to post my holiday decor tomorrow, but I’m not planning to post next week. I’m taking a little break to enjoy the holidays and prep for the new year. I may pop in next week for something, but I’m not promising a regular schedule next week.