Leopard ankle boots, crop flare jeans, belt bags- what do all of these fall trends have in common? I’m wearing all of these fall trends in one outfit.
This post contains affiliate links. I make a small commission from your purchases through my links. Thanks for your support.
You may remember that last month I purchased some belt bags and returned them. I like this trend, but it has to be done right. I finally found a belt bag, and it has more of a function for me than just a trend. It’s a holster purse, and we will leave it at that. I’m not here to have a discussion about personal carry. I have a need but dressing fashionably makes it hard to do so. I got this bag more for the function than the trend, but I think I could get on board with the belt bag trend for pure fashion now that I have this bag.
I have also seen lots of other bloggers wearing rust or orange sweaters with their leopard ankle boots. It took me a couple of years to get on board with the leopard ankle boot trend because I was afraid I would not wear them, but after getting this pair last year, I wore them a ton. I even wore them to the office. I love how well they go with rust and orange, and I just had to wear them with my orange sweater. I surprised myself by pairing the ankle boots with the crop flare jeans. I was looking for another pair of blue denim when I saw this pair in the closet and decided to go for it. I like the results. I don’t usually recommend wearing lots of fall trends, or any season’s trends, all in one outfit, but these fall trends work together nicely.
Happy Friday! For once, I’m not as relieved to see Friday come. I’ve been on vacation all week, and Friday means it will end soon and it will be time to go back to work. Here’s five for Friday:
1. We have been in a much colder climate this week. I really need to learn the trick of layering for warmth. About two layers and I’m done. I’ve learned that I don’t like wearing too many layers and I hate wearing a layering tee under a button up shirt. I’m not much of a jacket or coat girl either because they hide a cute outfit. Someone please educate me. I can do a layering tee under a sweater or a button up under a sweater, or maybe the tee under the button up, but all three makes me feel like the stay puff marshmallow man. I’d rather be cold.
2. Speaking of cold, we’ve enjoyed lots of hot chocolate and s’mores this week but had to make s’mores inside because we had no place to build a fire outside. We were hoping for a fire pit at our rental but there wasn’t one. It was nice anyway. Do you make s’mores indoors or out? What’s your preferred indoor method? Microwave? Oven? Pan? I haven’t perfected this either.
3. Registration for the GYPO Winter Capsule wardrobe opens today. Best $39 you will ever spend, but if it’s not, you can get a refund through 12/22. You know it gets hard to stay cute during the winter and this challenge will provide you with 28 days of outfits, all cute and stylish.
4. Cents of Style is taking 40% off their best selling cardigans this weekend with code FASHIONCARDI. Free shipping. I love that camel one with pockets.
5. Have you signed up for my weekly newsletter? Right now if you sign up, you get a pdf download of three holiday outfits. If you are already a subscriber, I’ll be sending you a copy soon as a thank you!
Have a great weekend!