Burgundy is one of my favorite fall colors. I think I have too much of it in my closet. Almost every printed fall piece I buy seems to have a shade of burgundy in it. Have you ever stopped to think about colors, their names, and origins or meanings? Read on for five fun facts about the color burgundy.
1. Burgundy is a shade lighter that maroon, a mix of brown and red with a purple tint. Many people, myself included, confuse and interchange the two. Remember oxblood? Also a dark reddish-brown color.
2. The color burgundy is named for wine from the Burgundy region of France.
3. Burgundy is the color of the suit worn by Will Farrell in Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy. (I’ve never seen the movie, by the way). (source)
4. Associated with richness and indulgence, also said to be liked by those who value materialism and luxury items. I disagree- I don’t classify myself as materialistic. I do not own designer jeans or purses.
5. Also said to be valued by introverts and those reserved in personality. (source) I’d agree more with this assessment as a reason why I’m drawn to it.
This post contains affiliate links. I earn a small commission from your purchases through my blog. Thanks for your support.
I have a love/hate relationship with traditional red, but I love the more reserved shade of burgundy. It’s my fall go to. I love pairing burgundy with olive. Olive is the perfect cool complimentary color to this warm rich shade. This is a simple outfit of a tunic and skinny jeans. Recreate it in any color combination that suits you, and in any season- ivory tunic+black jeans, blush tunic+grey jeans, and so on.
Sometime pieces like this can be a little too simple. The key is adding an accessory that makes it pop. A long pendant necklace is the perfect accessory for a tunic or long top worn untucked.
Today I’m cohosting the Thursday Fashion Files link up with Carrie from Curly Craft Mom. I love Carrie’s sweet personality and smiling face and all the fun things she shares on her blog, so I’m honored to be cohosting with her. Hop over and visit her. Be sure to follow all her social media links so you don’t miss anything. Link up your best outfit below!
I link up here.