5 Classic Clothing Pieces
There are some essential classic clothing pieces you should own that always make you look polished. Here are five of those classics that are relaxed and fit into casual or business casual wardrobes.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. I make a small commission from your purchases through these links. Thanks for your support.
1. The camel blazer
A camel blazer is my favorite fall and winter work wear piece, but it lends itself well to casual outfits too. Throw it on with jeans for instant polish. The neutral color goes with EVERYTHING.
2. A gingham shirt
You can dress a gingham shirt up or down. I wore it in the summer for an office work look, but it lends itself to casual wear easily. A navy or black gingham shirt is perfect for fall. A button up style add some polish but the pattern is relaxed enough for casual wear.
3. A great fitting pair of jeans
I raved about my grey NYDJ on Monday and how well they fit. These are also NYDJ. ( I have three pair.) You can still look polished in denim if the fit is great. Don’t go for slouchy or baggy. Fit is key to looking polished in more casual styles.
4. A cognac crossbody bag
I love this saddlebag style bag, but any crossbody with a little structure to it will work great with your casual outfits. I love the hands free option a crossbody gives me. A crossbody bag is a little more relaxed than a satchel, but still adds some refinement to an outfit. Cognac is a great color for fall and coordinates well with all the rich fall colors.
5. Loafers/leopard flats
Some flats are too dressy for casual outfits, while some flats are too casual for dressy outfits. A loafer will always meet the two in the middle and can be worn both ways. I’m particularly fond of a pointed toe loafer. Take it a step further and get a leopard pair. Leopard print will add some pattern and texture to any outfit and make it look intentional, and not like your shoes were an afterthought. Check out the three outfits here at Daily Style Finds with leopard flats.
Blazer- JCrew Factory
shirt- JCrew Factory
jeans- NYDJ NYDJ
leopard loafers- Steve Madden option
purse- Nine West option
Those are my recommendations for classic clothing pieces that will always make you look polished, even in casual wear. What would you add to the list of classic clothing pieces?
Subscribe to my newsletter for exclusive weekly style tips!
Happy Friday! It’s time for Five for Friday. Here are my random rattlings and finds:
1. I mentioned last week that the hubby and I were watching all the Halloween movies to catch up for the new release. We went to see the new Halloween on Saturday and it was pretty good, for that kind of movie. I think all horror of that genre gets a little cheesy after a while.
2. I hope everyone had a Happy Halloween. Instead of doing our usual haunted yard this year, we took a break and went to the church’s trunk or treat. We saw so many cute kids costumes, and my favorite trunk was the Golden Girls, complete with all four of them. Our worship leader’s wife who is barely in her 30s made the cutest Sophia.
3. Cents of Style is taking 40% off fall essentials with code WARMFASHION. The sale applies to the perfect pairings of long sleeve tees and sweater vests.
4. Jane pick of the day- these cute buffalo print Christmas tees. So cute for Christmas photos. Or pair them with your pajama bottoms for Christmas day lounging.
Buffalo Plaid Tees / 4 Styles – $13.99
from: Jane Affiliates
5. Have you started Christmas shopping yet? The hubby made some orders this morning on a Pelican flashlight he found at a great deal. It’s a perfect size for the guys pocket or ladies purse. Be sure to check out my 15 Gifts Guys Will Love.
Have a great weekend!