Hello all! I hope you are all having a relaxing weekend. I don’t like posting on Sundays, but my posting schedule has been a bit off the past couple of weeks due to this thing we call life. I decided to do a monthly purchases post and I wanted to get this out in the first week of October. My goal will be to share this post sometime during the first week of every month to outline and review the past months purchases.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. I receive commission for clicks and purchases made through them.
Lots of bloggers either do round ups of what they bought or their top ten selling items for a month. I’m not one for jumping on a bandwagon and doing what everybody else is doing, but I like to see what others purchase and I particularly find reviews helpful. I thought maybe you would like this too. Either way -let me know in the comments if you want to see this post in the future or if you hate this type of post, or if I can tweak it to be more helpful in some way. I try and stick to a budget for each month and I doubt that I buy as much as other bloggers, but my goal is still to be transparent and helpful to you at the same time.
1. Worthington plaid blazer– This color is listed as black/white plaid but there is blue in the mix. I’m totally happy with the print, but the upper arms were snug on me. I ordered a small, and otherwise it fit true to size. I do have thick arms and have been lifting weights lately. I think the fit would work for most women, unless, like me, you have fit issues with sleeves in the upper arms at times. I’m returning.
2. Worthington vneck blouse This was kind of an impulse buy when I ordered the plaid pants and blazer, but I would like a blue this shade in my closet. I have decided to return it with the other returns. I have a ton of blouses this style, so maybe I’ll keep looking for that color in a different style.
4. Worthington plaid pants Same print as the blazer, but I doubt I would have ever worn the two together if I had kept them. I’m not keeping the pants. The crotch is a little too long and these are a pull on pant. It’s clearly stated in the description, but I missed that. I did see the elastic back before I ordered them, but I missed that they were pull on. The ankle length was perfect but I didn’t love them enough to go get them altered. If you a taller than 5’3″, these may work for you. The material was comfy.
5. Worthington curvy fit camel trousers I went a season or two without camel work pants, but I love camel for fall. This cut is always a winner for me and these make great work pants. I’m down a size from what I bought last year. I love these pants for work enough to get the old ones altered. These and all my JCPenney purchases are currently on sale at a great deal. I get these in the short length, not petite.
6. Zurich Windowpane Scarf I got this in a recent Cents of Style deal. This scarf is super soft and I can’t wait for it to get cold enough to wear it.
7.Decade-S Perforated Open Shank Ankle Boots I got these in olive as part of the Cents of Style deal with the scarf. One foot fits a bit big as if I could go down a half-size, but the other fits, so I may just add some heel liners and keep them. They are super cute and I have no complaints other than fit. The toe area is big on both too for me, so you may want to size down a half size.
8. Sonoma crew neck tee– I got this one in teal and that color is no longer available, but it comes in a fun camo print and lots of other colors. It’s a nice layering tee.
9. New Balance Fresh Foam sneakers– My favorite purchase of the month! These are so comfy, and I’m in love with the color. You need a pair of these.
10. Camo leggings– These are listed as jersey leggings, but they are a blend of polyester and spandex, so don’t confuse them with jersey knit material. I’m returning these because they just don’t fit right. I ordered them in a petite large and the waist is a tad big and the inseam/crotch is too long. If you are a tad taller than 5’3″ these might work for you. I have no complaint with them other than the fit.
Out of 10 items purchased, 4 will be returned. If they had all been a good fit, I would have likely kept it all. You win some, you lose some.
I’ll be linking up here at these fun link ups.