I’m excited today to be teaming up with Dee from Dee Sayz to bring you two ways to style plaid. Plaid is trending this fall, but isn’t it every fall? I consider plaid a classic fall wardrobe staple.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. I make a small commission from your purchases through them. Thanks for your support.
I have plaid shirts, plaid scarves, and plaid dress/work pants. I’m still on the search for the perfect plaid blazer. Why has this been such a unicorn for me? I did come across these fun plaid pants on Amazon and thought they would be interesting to style.
I decided to style something a little out of my normal comfort zone. These plaid pants are quite baggy with a drawstring waist. I instantly had nineties vibes from them and I’ve been wanting to style sneakers more because I love all the sneaker looks out there, but struggle to style them beyond denim and leggings, so I challenged myself to do something different. The pants were a little long on me (fine if I were wearing a heeled boot or shoe) but too long for the sneakers, so I rolled and cuffed them.
These pants are polyester and a pull on style. I’d say stick to your size according to their size chart and expect them to be a loose fit. I accidentally ordered them a couple of sizes too big, but I’d still expect my regular size to be a loose fit. For the price point, they are actually decent pants. Expect to trim a few loose threads, but other than that the quality is decent.
The hubby didn’t really like this outfit. He says he likes the individual components, but not together. Maybe it would look better with some black chelsea boots, but I was sold on styling the sneakers. And like it or not, I had fun putting together and shooting this look. You can add a little edge to most anything, so why not throw on a leather moto jacket with plaid pants? I love baker boy and newsboy hats and I can’t wait for it to cool off so I can wear mine out and about.
plaid pants- Amazon
jacket- Nordstrom option
Be sure to hop over to DeeSayz to find out more about the plaid shirt she is styling. Dee shared the following about her blog:
Shop the post:
Hallelujah! It’s Friday! It’s time for five for Friday.
1. We had fall temps on Sunday and a lovely week with cool mornings and highs in the 70s. I can hang out outside without sweating! I even got to wear a scarf to the court picnic Wednesday.
2. The hubby and I started watching the Halloween movies this week and plan to see the new one in the theatre. I have always liked Jamie Lee Curtis, and while the hubby doesn’t really care for these movies, he heard that the new movie is presented from the point of the victim and he was intrigued. I had never watched one of them all the way through, even though they are usually playing in the background on TV around here this time of year. I had no idea what the story line was, other than a mental hospital escapee killing people. I’m much more informed on the story line now, lol.
3. In addition to pumpkin, I start eating more sweet potatoes in the fall. I like canned sweet potato for muffins, breads, and my salmon cakes. I like this organic one because it does not have added sugar or corn syrup. My hubby is allergic to corn so it’s nearly impossible to buy a canned sweet potato off the shelf at the grocery store that he can eat. I just stumbled on these pumpkin and sweet potato powders. I’ve heard of peanut butter powder, but did not know there were so many “whole food powders” out there. I’m curious, how do you use these?
4. Jane pick of the day- for you – love this fringe cardigan
Long Sleeve Fringe Cardigan – $19.99
from: Jane Affiliates
For the home: this letter board set. It comes in gold, rose gold and oak. Perfect for creating menus for Thanksgiving and holiday decor.
10 x 10 in Letter Board / 340 Piece Letter Set – $17.99
Retail Price: $30.00
You Save: $12.01
from: Jane Affiliates
5. Just a reminder to subscribe to my newsletter (up top) for exclusive content, sneak peeks, sale alerts and more. If you subscribe, make sure you also click through the confirmation email. It’s two part process.
Have a great weekend.