Early fall can be a difficult time for getting dressed. It’s often still warm and it’s not possible to switch to full on fall sweaters and scarves. However, getting dressed does not have to be a struggle during this transition. Read on to see how I took the same office outfit from summer to fall.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. I receive commission for clicks and purchases made through them.
earrings- old option
Remember this summer office outfit? No need to reinvent the wheel when it comes to finding an appropriate fall office outfit. Take something you have already worn and see if you can add a fall element.
I keyed in on the mustard yellow in this top and decided early fall would be a great time to pair this with my mustard blazer. I also switched out the shoes from light nude shoes to a blue pump. The shoes are a nice pop of color, and while the blue doesn’t scream fall, it doesn’t scream summer like the nude pumps with white blazer did. See how easy that is? Just switch a few elements and you can easily take an office outfit from summer to fall, or any outfit in your closet. I’ll be showing you the same concept with a more casual outfit in the next few days, so make sure you are following along.
Just curious- does this yellow remind you of fall or spring? Jo-lynne Shane posted a couple of outfits with yellow chinos in her fall series, and many of her readers said it was too spring like. I personally think this blazer is warm enough to be a fall shade and to take this office outfit from summer to fall perfectly.
Today is October 1! What! Oh well, no sense in lamenting over the passing of time. The fun part about that is it’s time for The Blended Blog asks. It’s all about fall and October.
Here are my fall answers:
1. Favorite fall color? Do I have to pick one? Burgundy, mustard, olive, rust I love them all.
2. Apple cider- I never really have it but I think hot would be best.
3. Heck yes! to a caramel apple.
4. No to doughnuts!
5. Long or short cardigan? Long, but it really depends on what I’m dressing for.
6. Fall party food? hmmm… anything really.
7. White pumpkins for décor, so sophisticated.
8. Hayride or bonfire? Both, but if I can’t have both, I’ll sit by a bonfire.
9. Favorite fall baked good? Pumpkin pie or sweet potato pie.
10. Most anticipated fall activity? Halloween!
What are your fall favorites?
Linking up here: