There’s still time for summer gingham outfits. Everyone is buzzing about back to school and how it seems like it should be fall, but folks, it’s still summer. We are now in the thick of it, the hot, dog days of summer. And there is still plenty of it. The good thing about it is that there is still time for wearing summer gingham outfits, like these shorts and this super cute giraffe tee.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. I receive commission for clicks and purchases made through them.
tee- Loft (sold out) option
round straw bag- option
This tee was another “made for” gingham pairing tee, like the tee in last week’s summer gingham outfit. It was just made for gingham. And so was leopard. It mixes will with gingham. Don’t be afraid of it.
Happy Friday! It’s time for Five for Friday. These are just five random things going on.
1. My hubby has been sick with strep throat for three weeks! For two weeks, he had a headache and no sore throat, but when he finally went to the doctor he tested positive for strep. The doctor told him to use a new toothbrush and paper plates and utensils every day for ten days. Since he was having to throw away his toothbrush every day, I went by Wal-mart to get some cheap ones. I grabbed a pack of these in soft, and he loves them. Now they are his new favorite toothbrush. Who knew?
2. The Cents of Style Fashion Friday deal is 40% off ruffle bottom tops, code FRIDAYLOOK. These are super cute! and there is even a striped one!
3. Jane finds- Remember these only last two to three days. Shop more Jane find at my shop Jane page.
Floral Notch Neck Top – $9.99
Retail Price: $25.99
You Save: $16.00
Faux Wrap Floral Midi Dress – $26.99
Retail Price: $59.00
You Save: $32.01
Felt Party Garlands – $9.99
Retail Price: $15.00
You Save: $5.01
4. The hubby and I have been going to the beach in the evenings the last two weekends to play with his new Lensball. It makes for some interesting photography. (yes, he’s sick but he won’t stop going and he got miserable staying in the house!) We are still trying to learn how to get the images in the ball sharp and how to crop and edit the final images.
5. Update on no spending/ freezer/ pantry clean out month– I have not purchased any clothing, shoes or beauty products this week. I even cancelled my Sephora play box last month because I still have an unopened box from a few months back. I just can’t use samples that fast. I sometimes have allergic reactions to things, so I only try one new product at the time. I liked the Play box, but I needed to back off and use all the things on hand. I have used up some regularly used items this week and some things that had been neglected. I have my beauty products organized on this amazing organizer and I can see them now, so I think it makes it easier to remember to use certain things. I’m sure I’ll have to make a few beauty purchases before the end of the month to replace the ones I’ve used, but I’m going to see how far I get with what’s here now.
We did make a trip to the grocery store Sunday night when we left the beach because we didn’t eat dinner before hand and the hubby was hungry. What was supposed to be a trip for a couple of frozen pizzas turned into a $92 grocery trip. GRRR…. but you don’t tell a hungry man who helps pay the bills “no”. He got pizzas and snacks, and we got bread, chips and deli meats for sandwiches for another night and some other things. Considering we have to eat gluten free and the pizzas, bread and gluten free snacks cost more, it really wasn’t that bad of a trip. If I just could have kept him away from the snacks…
Meals have consisted of Spanish beef and rice that used up some rice, tomato sauce and olives from the pantry and ground beef from the freezer; Stew beef that used beef from the freezer and sweet potatoes and carrots on hand that needed to be used; Salmon, green beans and lemon pepper cauli rice (all from the freezer); hamburgers and fries (ground beef and fries from freezer); and a turkey hash that used ground turkey and riced butternut squash from the freezer. I also made these no bake bars for snacks and used up some shredded coconut from the pantry and oats, chocolate chips and raisins from my pantry. Other than the pizzas and sandwiches mentioned above, all of these meals came from my freezer and pantry and required no trip to the grocery store for ingredients. The Spanish rice was the result of a search to use canned tomato sauce from the pantry. I seem to have too much sauce on hand.
Hope you have a great weekend!
Linking up here: