Ready to see summer go but still have summer weather? Going on one last official summer trip this weekend? I’ve got you covered with a summer mini capsule that will give you more than enough casual outfits to finish the season.
This summer mini capsule consists of five pieces. You may recognize these five pieces from my best 15 pieces for your summer wardrobe: white shorts, olive shorts, colored shorts, a neutral tee, and a floral top.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. I receive commission for clicks and purchases made through them.
1. Floral top + colored shorts. And some neutral wedges (also part of the best 15 pieces), a straw bag and some gold jewelry.
2. Neutral tee+ white shorts. Add a striped tote and bright sandals. Same gold jewelry. Bright sandals and a fun tote really amp up basics like a tee and white shorts.
3. Neutral tee + colored shorts. Same tote and jewelry. Different bright sandals. OPTION
4. Floral top + white shorts. Add neutral wedges and a straw bag.
5. Neutral tee+ olive shorts. Add fun statement earrings and bright sandals.
As you can see basics go a long way at creating multiple outfits when you add fun accessories. It doesn’t take many pieces either. This summer mini capsule would be perfect for that end of summer getaway.
It’s Friday and the last day of August! Hello September! Here’s five random things for five for Friday.
1. Some of you may be wondering how my no spending for August went. The only clothing I bought was a sports bra and I bought it from TJMaxx with rewards, so $0 spent. I bought some Olay moisturizer and eye cream while it was on sale at Walgreens for $45 and some few cents total. I don’t even take this expense from my personal spending budget because I consider skincare a necessary personal care item and this usually comes out of our household budget. I deduct from my personal spending if I splurge on a new, more expensive product. Speaking of Wal-greens, they are having a BUY 2, GET 1 FREE deal on cosmetics. It’s a great time to stock up on those cult favorites like this concealer.
2. We made a huge dent in our freezer/pantry clean out too, and I’m estimating we saved around $300 or more on groceries this month. I did make a couple of trips at the end of the month and we made a Sam’s haul because the bare pantry was beginning to freak out the husband with it being hurricane season. We love Sam’s canned chicken, black beans and bean chips for making nachos at home.
3. It’s a good thing I saved some money this month. The hubby traded his 2001 motorcycle for a 1997 Jeep wrangler. He made the trade with his cousin, so we are in full on fix up/ restore mode on the Jeep. He intends to sell his current truck and drive the Jeep when it’s done while he works on yet another fixer up vehicle project. Whew!
4. Cents of Style’s Fashion Friday deal is 40% off new cardigans, code FRIDAY40. Get ready for fall with these fabulous cardigans. Shipping is FREE.
5. I learned a neat tip from Primp and Prime Beauty this week. Concealers can be used as eye lid primers. Have you tried this?
Hope you guys have a happy, fun long weekend! Please pin this post if you like this summer mini capsule.
Linking up here: