Have you ever wondered how to be fancy in a kimono? or do you already think of them as having a “fancy” vibe? I totally stole this idea from my friend who exclaimed “You are all fancy” when I showed up to pick her up for a trip to the beach Sunday. I laughed. I had on my bathing suit, distressed denim shorts, my Wal-mart flip flops, a straw hat, and this kimono. And my kimono was clashing with the print on my bathing suit. I hardly felt fancy, but I’ll admit this outfit makes the kimono a bit more fancy than Sunday’s beach attire.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. I receive commission for clicks and purchases made through them.
tank- Loft (old) option
shorts- JCPenney option
Paired with denim shorts, a tee and flat sandals, a kimono has a very casual boho vibe. However, paired with non denim shorts, wedge sandals and tassel earrings, it becomes a dressier piece. What’s your take on a kimono- casual or fancy?
Regardless of your take, I still consider a kimono one of the best 15 pieces for your summer wardrobe, and this outfit features three more of those best pieces- white shorts, neutral wedges, and statement earrings. (I told you that you would see outfits with these pieces.)
Happy Friday! Friday means it’s time for Five for Friday.
1. I hope all of my fellow Americans had a great Fourth of July. It made for a weird week with a holiday in the middle. We stayed home and grilled burgers and hot dogs. I made a gluten free, dairy free flag cake using the cake part of this recipe and a can of chilled coconut milk (the cream part) for icing.
2. I conducted an experiment with Pinterest last month. With the help of Tailwind, I pinned 50 pins per day. In order to grow your Pinterest, and traffic to your blog, you need to pin consistently. I have been using Tailwind for over six months, but I really dove into making Pinterest work last month and there is no way I could pin 50 times per day without the help of Tailwind scheduler. I’m not sure there is a magic number, but many tutorials I read recommended 50 pins per day but no more. I had been doing around 12-30, so I was curious if this would spike an increase. I also heeded common advice to make personal boards like food and blogging private, and only have niche related boards visible and pin to those. All of my visible pins relate to fashion, hair, or beauty. So what happended? On June 1, I had 243, 698 viewers with 7, 767 engaged. On July 1, I had 795, 391 monthly viewers with 31, 184 engaged. Those figures are for my pinterest profile. It’s a little hard to say what it did for my site because two weeks in I realized I had not claimed my new site and my stats were still for Savvy Southern Chic on blogspot. I claimed the new site and started tracking for it. But just for kicks, the June 1 figure was 3, 192 daily impressions and 1223 daily viewers. On July 1, Savvy Southern Chic had 7, 049 daily impressions and 5, 239 daily viewers. My followers increased from 500 to 606. I’m pretty impressed with the growth, especially since everyone says the summer is slow for blogging and their stats decrease. My stats are still increasing. I’m working toward a goal of 40 pins per day this month and will try to decrease it again if it doesn’t affect traffic and growth. I really don’t have time to pin that much per day even with the help of Tailwind.
3. I took advantage of Loft’s Fourth of July sale to order a couple of new blazers and a pair of work pants. I’m really bored with my work attire. It happens every summer. Hopefully, a few new pieces will spawn some creativity in the outfits. I’m also down a few pounds and some of my work pants are too big!
4. You probably picked up on this at the beginning of the post, but I finally made it to the beach. We just enjoyed a couple of hours of doing nothing but soaking up the sun and relaxing.
5. My Bella girl has been down for a couple of weeks. She threw up Sunday and did not want to eat this week. I’m happy that she seems back to normal today. I think all the thunderstorms and fireworks have her stressed out.
Have a great weekend!
Linking up here: