Hello long weekend! I’m sharing a red, white and blue look with two top options that would be perfect for your Memorial Day outings. If it’s as hot for you as it is now for me, I’ve included some substitutes to make these outfits more weather friendly. I wore these outfits when we had more spring like weather.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. I receive commission for clicks and purchases made through them.
jeans- Loft option
striped tote- Payless (old) option
Pair a blue and white striped sweater with white jeans and bright red shoes. Add a neck scarf to tie it all together. If it’s hot, switch to a striped tee and white shorts or white denim skirt. Tie the scarf to your bag instead of your neck.
Top- Old Navy (old)
earrings- Target (old) option
If stripes aren’t your thing, pick a patterned top. An anchor print like this one is also perfect to kick of the unofficial start to summer.
Fridays are the day I share five random things with you! Let’s jump right into this delightful news.
1. Registration for The GYPO Summer 2018 challenge opens TODAY! Once again it’s a super fun capsule of summer outfits. I have an annual membership so I got a peak yesterday! I’m in love once again. Summer can be so hard to dress in cute outfits, but Alison has you covered. You will be confident all summer. Registration is open until June 8 but if you register by Monday May 28, 2018, you are entered for a chance to win $150 to spend at Alison and Aubrey. Outfits start June 11 and you can get a refund up until June 16, 2018 (but you won’t want to!).
So what’s included?
Access to the Summer 2017 challenge. It was one of my favorites too.
29 pieces with shopping links for each, used to create 31 days of outfits.
Access to the best Facebook group of everyday fashionistas you will ever meet. Free fashion advice at your disposal!
This is the best $39 you will ever spend. If you have questions, feel free to shoot them to me. I’ve done several of these challenges now.
2. GDPR becomes effective today! GDP- what? If you still need to get your blog or website compliant, Catherine at Not Dressed at Lamb did a great job of explaining it and providing some helpful links. There is some helpful information here too.
3. Here in the South we have biting flies that come out this time of year. I’ve been chased by those darn things during my last two walk/runs. Southern friends, do you have any tips? I use Skin So Soft from Avon to keep the sand gnats at bay, but the yellow flies and horse flies don’t pay much attention to it.
4. I’ve recently begun the practice of dry brushing. I’m not gonna lie- the goal is to reduce the appearance of cellulite on my thighs, and I think it’s working, but aside from that, it feels good and provides a little energizing start to my day. Have you ever dry brushed? A natural brush is recommended but I’m currently using one similar to this one.
5. So many amazing deals and sales this weekend. JCrew Factory started a couple of days ago with 50% off. It lasts until May 28, 2018. Love this tie sleeve gingham dress and this embroidered tie sleeve tee.
Hope you guys have a great weekend.
Linking up here: