This post contains affiliate links. I receive commission for clicks and
purchases made through them.
Do you ever second guess your outfit choice? or maybe the pieces? I love all of these pieces and was venturing out to put them together for one of the GYPO Spring Challenge prompts, but after looking closely at the photos, I’m second guessing my choices.
earrings- Rocksbox option
I’m second guessing these shoes. The shade of blue just doesn’t seem to go with the scarf or the denim jacket all that well. A darker navy stripe would work better. I haven’t actually worn them yet. Most of the time what you see is what I’m wearing or wore, but I haven’t worn this outfit yet other than for styling the photos. I also bought a pair of gingham bow mules and was about to return them, but now I am thinking they may work better with my wardrobe than these. Maybe I should return these. I was going to keep these because I might get away with wearing them to the office, but if the shade of color is off with my outfits, then I won’t wear them at all. The gingham mules would be a weekend wear only and a little pricier than I tend to spend for weekend wear only. Oh why am I beating myself up over a pair of shoes?
I think a plain tee or lace tee would have worked better than this top, but a bell sleeve blouse was styled with the prompts for the challenge outfit so I was trying to stick to something similar. It’s fun and it’s a learning curve to try mixing pieces you’ve never worn together before.
The good news is that it is Friday! It’s time for five on Friday.
1. This week I gave this recipe a try to use up some remaining strawberries in the fridge before they went bad. I highly recommend it.
2. I also tried this muffin recipe to finish out our breakfasts for the week. Yum!. I reduced the amount of sugar called for.
3. Today is day five of the GYPO Spring challenge. It started Monday and has been a blast. You can still sign up but you won’t be able to get a refund. As you can tell from the above, this is one of the outfits styled- Denim jacket+white top+olive jeans+floral neck scarf+striped shoes. I think I’m going to cut this scarf down to a smaller true neck scarf.
4. I got a much needed hair cut yesterday. I can only make it about three weeks before I need a cut when I wear it short. Really at the end of week two, I’m asking myself when my next appointment is. It’s the cost of wearing short hair when you have fast growing hair.
5. Happy Easter! Happy Good Friday! Are you celebrating the resurrection of our Lord and Saviour with friends and family this weekend? We still haven’t made up our minds if we are traveling to visit family or staying here. The hubby and I have both been sick this week so a quiet Easter in might be good for us.
Linking up here: