I couldn’t muster up a new outfit post today because it’s been a busy and tiring week. I have pics of lots of outfits, but they need to be edited. So we’ll just review this week, ICYMI:
Disclosure: This post contains
affiliate links. I receive commission for clicks and purchases made through
them. Thanks for clicking!
I’m so glad it’s Friday! Here’s 5 very random things for you:
1. I turned 44 on Sunday. I celebrated my birthday with a trip to Savannah the weekend before the eat at Vics on the River and to visit the Kendra Scott store to pick out a piece with the 50% off birthday discount. You can see what I got in this post. We had never eaten at Vics before. The food was good but the atmosphere- well, we got crammed at a table for two between two other couples at tables that were only about a foot and a half apart. Intimate dining with strangers? No thanks.
2. Someone hacked my Domino’s Pizza account on Wednesday and stole my pizza credits. They were able to get three free pizzas and picked them up from a store in Maryland. Maybe they choked on them.
3. The hubby and I have been having movie nights again on Fridays. A couple of weeks ago we watched The Diving Bell and the Butterfly on Netflix. It’s based on a true story about the editor of Elle suffering a stroke at 44 that left him immobile and unable to speak. He learned a new way to communicate and wrote a book by communicating his thoughts to a scribe. The book is available for sale. Heartbreaking and encouraging story all at the same time.
4. Last Friday we watched We Need to Talk about Kevin, also based on the book. I’m not reader but apparently I’ll watch the movie if they make a movie about it. This was also a very heartbreaking story. We need to lighten the mood. Any suggestions for a funny movie?
5. I’ve never tried Mac lipsticks before and never been a big fan of gloss, but I ordered the Look in a Box Saint No Angel Mini Lip Kit from the Nordstrom sale. I may have found a new favorite lip product, especially the gloss. I also wanted the Anastasia Beverly Hills mini gloss set but I’ve already tried them so I refrained.
What’s going on with you?
Linking up here: